Removes this recipe from your Groceries list
Recipe Title goes here may have two lines or more
Quick & EasyMarvellously MeatlessNo Egg Breakfast
Quick & easy to make these fritters are low in carbs but high in nutrition. Sure to be a hit with the whole family as they are great in lunchboxes or any time of the day. Also great to serve with your fav chicken, beef or fish.
|cauliflower head, fresh, medium, finely chopped (remove stems)||1|
|alternately pre-chopped cauliflower rice (produce area or frozen food section))||2 x 300g packet|
|parmesan cheese, grated||3 tbsp|
|whole egg, lightly beaten||1|
|garlic powder||1 tsp|
|onion powder||1 tbsp|
|apple sauce puree||2 tbsp|
|corn flour||2 tbsp|
|curry powder, mild||1 tsp|
|spring onions, fresh, finely sliced||2|
|coriander leaves / continental parsley, fresh, chopped||cup|
|canola oil cooking spray|
|yoghurt, dairy-free, plant-based (soy, almond, coconut)|
Place chopped cauliflower florets into a microwave-safe container and cook for 4-5 minutes until soft and tender. When done transfer the florets onto a cutting board and using a sharp knife, cut them into very small pieces. Alternately, if using pre-packaged cauliflower rice, cook according to instructions on the packet (2-2½ minutes in the microwave.)
Transfer the cooked cauliflower pieces/rice into a large mixing bowl.
Add the garlic, onion and curry powders, cheese, spring onions, coriander, egg, apple sauce and cornflour, and stir until well combined. *If too wet add a little more flour.
Line a plate with 2-3 sheets of paper towels. Set aside.
Coat a medium-sized non-stick frying pan with oil and heat over medium-high heat. Spoon 4-5 heaped tablespoons of the fritter mixture into the hot pan spacing them at least 1 inch apart and flatten them slightly with a spatula.
Cook the fritters for 2-3 minutes, flip them once and cook them for an additional 1-2 minutes until they're golden brown and cooked through.
Transfer the fritters to the paper towel-lined plate. Repeat the process until all mixture is used.
Serve these delicious low-carb veggie fritters topped with either fruit/tomato relish and/or a dollop of yogurt. They can be eaten warm or cold.
- The most common way to cook fritters is free-form style, dropping a spoonful of the fritter mixture into the pan. For this recipe, I used egg rings to help shape and make the flipping of the fritters easier!
- Serve fritters with a little smashed avocado and a couple of poached eggs to transform this into a low carb, low fat nutritious, protein-packed meal. Ideal for breakfast or lunch, and make for great snacks for the kids' lunchboxes!
- Fridge: Store any leftover fritters in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
- Freeze: Just place the fritters in between a layer of baking/parchment paper and freeze. Transfer 3-4 of the fritters into a small clip-lock plastic bag and store for up to 2 months.
- Reheat: reheat the fritters either in a pan with a bit of oil or in the microwave for 10-15 seconds until warm and crispy.
|Calories (per serving)||78 (2 fritters per serving)|
The nutritional information for all our recipes are based on the ingredients used and for information purposes only. Although we attempt to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates. You should not rely on this information as a substitute for, nor does it replace, professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. If you have any concerns or questions about your health, you should always consult with a physician or other health-care professional.